August 2012 Celebrity Quotes

Celebrity quotes
August 2012 celebrity quotes – A surprise guilty plea. Olympic highs and Olympic lows. The deaths of a magazine icon and an Oscar-winning composer. Keep reading to see what some famous folks had to say about the topics that had everyone talking in August. Jared loughner pleads guilty, Olympic gold medals 2012, 2012 Olympic controversies, Helen Gurley Brown died, Marvin Hamlisch died,

Michael Phelps On his Olympic achievements:
“I was able to really put the final cherry on top tonight, put all the whipped cream I wanted and sprinkles. I was able to top off the sundae. It’s been a great career. It’s been a great journey. I can’t be any more happy than I am.” 2012 Summer Olympics

Rep. Joe Crowley On the Wisconsin Sikh Temple shooting:
“While we do not yet know the motivations of this senseless act and it’s important to wait for more information from law enforcement, we do know that Sikh-Americans are too often the victims of intolerance and hate. Today we all grieve for those lost in this tragic event.” Sikh Temple shooting Milwaukee

Dave Mustaine His accusations against President Obama:
“Back in my country, my president is trying to pass a gun ban so he’s staging all of these murders. The ‘Fast and Furious’ thing down at the border. And Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there. And now, the beautiful people at the Sikh temple.” Presidential conspiracy theories

Tom Morello On Paul Ryan calling Rage Against the Machine his favorite band:
“Don’t mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta ‘rage’ in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he’s not raging against is the privileged elite he’s groveling in front of for campaign contributions.”

Serena Williams On her reaction to winning an Olympic medal:
“It’s getting so much attention. It just happened. I was so excited that it just came out. I guess I’m good at it!” Olympic controversies

Eric Holder On shooter Jared Loughner’s guilty plea:
“It is my hope that this decision will allow the Tucson community, and the nation, to continue the healing process free of what would likely be extended trial and pretrial proceedings that would not have a certain outcome. The prosecutors and agents assigned to this matter have done an outstanding job and have ensured that justice has been done.” 2011 Tucson shooting

Shannon Eastin On being the first woman in her position:
“I want to encourage women: Don’t be afraid. Pursue and have dreams. This is my dream. With very step I hope to show it really doesn’t matter if you are male or female.” Female firsts

Gabrielle Douglas On criticism of her hairstyle:
“I don’t know where this is coming from. What’s wrong with my hair? I’m like, ‘I just made history and people are focused on my hair?’ It can be bald or short, it doesn’t matter about (my) hair.” Olympic hairstyles

Robert Pattinson On talking about his recent breakup:
“Now I’m going to sound like an idiot. My biggest problem in my life is I’m cheap. I didn’t hire a publicist. And in every awkward interview, normally actors get these things scripted.” Celebrity breakups 2012

AJ Allmendinger On his career:
“I’ve always let racing define me. I’ve always said racing was the most important — to be out there every week and winning. That’s what I defined myself by. You can’t do that. If everything is going well and you’re winning, great. Everything is easy. It’s those bad times that you have to get through and have something to stand by.” NASCAR

Madonna On the two-year prison sentence for members of the Russian punk band:
“Even if one disagrees with the location or how they chose to express themselves, the sentence is too harsh and in fact is inhumane. I call on all those who love freedom to condemn this unjust punishment. I urge artists around the world to speak up in protest against this travesty.” Pussy Riot convicted

Bonnie Fuller On the influence of the late Cosmopolitan editor-in-chief:
“There wouldn’t have been Carrie Bradshaw without Helen Gurley Brown.” Helen Gurley Brown

Jan Brewer In an executive order in response to the new federal program:
“The issuance of Deferred Action or Deferred Action USCIS employment authorization documents to unlawfully present aliens does not confer upon them any lawful or authorized status and does not entitle them to any additional public benefit.” Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Oscar Pistorius On competing in the Games:
“It’s just an unbelievable experience. I found myself smiling on the starting blocks, which is very rare.”On competing in the Games:
“It’s just an unbelievable experience. I found myself smiling on the starting blocks, which is very rare.” Olympic track stars

Joe Biden On the candidate’s budget plans:
“He said in the first hundred days, he is going to let the big banks once again write their own rules. Unchain Wall Street. They are going to put y’all back in chains.” Mitt Romney

John Travolta On the death of his former co-star:
“Ron was a wonderful person and talent. And helped catapult ‘Welcome Back, Kotter’ to great success. We will miss him.” Ron Palillo

Bill Clinton On the late composer:
“Genius is rare enough, but a good-hearted genius is rarer still. A good-hearted, humble and hilarious genius? Almost unheard-of.” Marvin Hamlisch

Ann Romney On the candidate releasing more returns:
“The more we get attacked, the more we get questioned, the more we get pushed. There’s going to be no more tax releases given. Mitt is honest. His integrity is just golden.” Mitt Romney tax returns

Felix Hernandez On pitching a perfect game:
“It’s been crazy. I still can’t believe I did it, and to do it here, in front of our fans? That made it even more special.” 2012 MLB perfect games