Grandfather Boy Tattoo

Grandfather Boy Tattoo - A ten-year-old Jacksonville boy has been placed into state custody after his grandfather allowed him to get a tattoo.

Jerry Garrisson, the boy's grandfather has been left distraught after staff at the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) took the child after a home visit.

Claiming it is a family tradition for all family members to have their initials tattooed onto their bodies, Garrisson has been left dumbfounded by the DCF's decision and wants his boy back.



'I didn't see why a tattoo was such a big issue to begin with, and I didn't see where none of this was right,' said Garrisson to NBC News.

'He got his initials out there on the right leg at the very bottom.'

In a photographed released by Garrisson to NBC, the boy can be seen smiling broadly as his leg is inked at a Florida tattoo parlour accompanied by his grandfather.

However, it was when the DCF arrived at the Garrisson family home for another undisclosed reason that they noticed the tattoo and informed Jerry and his wife it was a problem.


Taking the boy into custody, his grandfather broke down in tears as he tried to explain how losing his grandson has affected him.

'My little son called me and said, 'Dad, I'm so scared, I want to come home so bad,' said Garrisson.

'When you have your youngin' call and tell you he's scared. I want to go put my arms around him and say, 'son, it's all right, it's really all right.' But no, I can't.'

'I ain't never been in pain like this, it's the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. In my whole entire life.'

However, the Department of Children and Families spokesman, John Harrell was adamant that the tattoo played no part in the Garrisson's losing custody.

'When you get into cases like this, is the child being abused?' said Harrell.

'Is the child at risk? Are the actions of the parents putting the child at risk?'

According to state laws the tattoo is not a matter that the DCF could act upon.

However, some local tattoo artists felt for the boy and his family despite saying that they would not personally have tattooed him.

'Under the old law, I believe you probably could bring your kid in, legally with notarised parental consent,' said Todd Lake.

'But right now it's probably a big grey area in the law.

'So that's a tough case.'

Despite the law stating that a child under 16 cannot be tattooed unless it is for medical or dental reasons no arrests have been made in this situation. grandfather boy leg tattoo, Grandfather leg tattoo all kids removed from the home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2163423/Boy-10-taken-grandfathers-care-hes-allowed-tattoo.html#ixzz1zMyoWylN